Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Car Park Buddha

So there I was, happy after a day's traipsing around about the place (mainly window shopping) when suddenly I walked through some sort of transporter. It churned me out in some Asian place of worship, or so I initially thought. But no, I had in fact just walked into the car park of a shopping centre. But there was a very ornate shrine to Buddha himself in front of the mother and baby section.




Whilst I initially thought it strange, I then came to think about the grotto idea in Ireland. I know they're not usually found in shopping centre car parks, but I'm sure other cultures must find it strange to see Our Lady perched in random areas of the countryside...








1 comment:

  1. all mothers of small babies need someone to give thanks to i guess, along the roads in italy there were shrine to our lady everywhere as well, there were very cute

    ReplyDelete