Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Spin take 2

I really hope we can keep this Sunday outing thing going.. well when Oscar is in Vancouver that is. It's nice to get out and about and explore when you can. Today we went for a drive to Iona Beach out by the airport. I was a bit excited as apparently you can see whales out there sometimes. Albeit with binoculars.. which we don't have. I was counting on my excellent vision, but unfortunately the tide was out.


The sun had a cool halo thing around it that I'd never seen before. I was convinced it was the hole in the ozone, and that we were in fact getting burned alive. I also spent a lot of time looking at the sun... possibly reducing my aforementioned excellent vision.

3 comments:

  1. thats the volcanic ash! john turner's sunset paintings were done at a time when volcanic ash affected the sun's appearance as well..... now that we know all about icelandic volcanoe's and what they can do to our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, that ran through my mind too, but I didn't think it'd get to us over here!

    ReplyDelete