Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Canada's Next Top Chef

Yep, that's me. Dee Dwyer I hope you're reading this.. I am somebody who would rather live on popcorn than prepare and cook myself a nice meal. Laziness plain and simple. I don't have the passion for food that others have. So I usually go around to their place for my dinner! That, and rely on my poor shackled-to-the-kitchen partner in crime..

But today that ALL turned around. I made a D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S mushroom risotto for dinner, and just now have completed making homemade chocolate covered honeycomb!!! I seriously couldn't be more proud.


This is the honeycomb before I smashed it into bits... I almost wept I was so happy. Then it became this:


There may be some hope for me after all......



1 comment:

  1. I had my first venture into honeycomb a few weeks ago, it's fun isn't it, especially cracking it, it's like a big mad easter egg. since you've a kitchen aid and glucose you should make marshmallows (caleb taught me how) they're great and sooo tasty. i'm going to try the next batch with orange oil (if I can find it). well done on your cooking excitement,xx

    ReplyDelete